| In 1974, a special design bureau (SDB) was established at "Kazglavneftesnab" according to Order No. 374-r, dated 20.05.1974 by the Council of Ministers of the Kazakh SSR. At the beginning of its activity the SDB designed and constructed fuel stations, tank farms, main oil product pipelines, developed prospective industrial development schemes and certificated existing facilities.
In 1986, according Decree No. 253-r dated 08.02.1986, by the Council of Ministers of the USSR the SDB was reorganized into a State institute for designing oil product pipelines, tank farms and fuel stations named SRI "KazGiproNefteTrans". In 2000, SRI "KazGiproNefteTrans" was privatized.
In 2001, SRI "KazGiproNefteTrans" was reorganized into the Engineering Company "KazGiproNefteTrans" (EC KGNT), being actively involved in designing, project management and engineering. Over the last six years EC KGNT has been constantly expanding its range of activities developing oil and gas fields, oil and gas processing, oil and gas pipeline transportation facilities, marine oil and gas terminals, petrochemical production. For more than 40 years EC KGNT has designed and commissioned more than 1000 facilities of the oil and gas industry.
Today LLP "ENGINEERING COMPANY "KAZGIPRONEFTETRANS"proposes comprehensive solutions for tasks in oil, gas and petrochemical industries: Investigations and front-end engineering, collection of input data. Comprehensive engineering surveys. Development of Feasibility Studies for the construction of oil and gas facilities.